Monday, June 24, 2013

colors and colors and colors

y'all.  i like colors.  no, wait, i f'ing love color!  i like bright strong true colors.  my house is painted 76 shades of blue with a little green, yellow, orange thrown in just for fun. my yarn is rainbows and clown barf.  when you see my booth at a yarn show, you will be drawn in my the seductive voice of color...but...i also like whisper-y pastels.  

i feel like i should stand behind a tree when i say that so i don't get pelted with tomatoes.  i am the color queen.  but the palest of pales are colors too.  it's really hard to dye pale colors--now when i say pale, i don't mean pastel.  i mean the softest of soft.  although pastels aren't that easy to dye either--at least for me.  (i try occasionally, but i am overcome by my love for yellow and turquoise.)

it's been raining a lot lately.  i mean a whole lot.  buckets.  in my laziness, i didn't take my dyes inside.  (nor did i take my laundry, but that's another story.) the bowls of dye were diluted with lotsa rain water, so i thought i would give whisper dyeing another shot.  might as well, right?

i wish i could say it went really well.  but i am not sure.  i think i got sherbet instead of whisper.  i hope there are people who like sherbet.

sharing the sherbet with you! 


big ups to those of you that know the song! 


No comments:

Post a Comment