Monday, June 10, 2013

happy happy joy joy

it's finally (or i hope finally) summer!  summer makes me crackle with energy--as anyone who is around me in the summer knows.  as in, i might catch on fire one day. 

since it's summer, i have made a list as long as i am tall.  parts of the list are a little laura-whacky.  for example:  build a cardboard castle for the cats or finally make that rug out of paper bags. but some of it is fo real stuffs that i need to do.  exercise.  that's a biggy.  eat more healthfully--that's a biggy.  (right now, i live on frozen pizza, noodles and red sauce out of a jar, and ice cream.) and then there's work--or actually treating my yarn business like a job so that when show times come up, i am not working 23 hours a day and making gargantuan mistakes and covering my entire kitchen, wardrobe, and body in black dye. and a fun one--take an artist's date every week.  (surely some of y'all have done that artist's way guide to a creative life?)  that book is a bit hokey for me, but the artist's date makes sense.

so--

1. exercise--i am doing c25k and yoga
2. eat better--i got some apples and strawberries at the store today.  and no ice cream.
4. yarn, for serious, yo--i wound some self striping and mailed out my sales (and made a schedule)
5. artist's date--gonna do it on thursday cause that's my fave day.

yeah, i skipped number three.  it's too much trouble to go change all the numbers.  i am sure i will come up with a three sooner or later, right?

i did couch to 5k today, and i took my phone so i could listen to music.  a lot of people do this, so i heard.  well, as it turns out, i only have two songs on my phone.  lauryn hill's can't take my eyes off you and the waifs' lighthouse. so for nearly 45 minutes, i listened to these two songs over and over.  then i went all into nostalgia land. 

the lauryn hill cd belongs to my friend dave.  dave and i spend lots of time staying up all night and drinking beer and yapping.  it makes me happy to think of him.  i wish he would come see me.  i think i still have some beer drinking and yapping left in me. 

the waifs.  i met them at jake and rips when i worked there.  i told them a joke and they gave me a cd.  how many australian dread locked musicians come through grenada mississippi?  i can tell you.  not many.  i was excited about it for days.  and then they became kinda famous.  go waifs.  you deserve it!

 enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment