Monday, September 9, 2013

time to make the do-nuts

dude!  we finished the space minus three things:  the drawers under the tv console, the major lights lee wants to put in, and something else that i can't remember right now.  some pics:




a general overview complete with a couple of cats.  this is my pretty pink basement where i am going to dye my yarn and order my supplies and knit and snuggle kitties.  and where i am going to do the insanity workout--for serious, i'm gonna do it. 

here is my dye table (really a door on saw horses, but whatever).  see my dyes and my jars and my dye solutions.  underneath is a little whackety shelf that deon and i built holding various and sundry tools of the trade.  i also have a lazy susan.  don't know exactly the point yet, but it spins!  i hope my pretty new room encourages me to be less messy and careless in my dyeing process.  also, see the fish on the wall made out of mississippi license plates?  paul made it for julie who gave it to me.

this is a shelf of yarn with a little bit of fabric thrown in.  also, in the corner you can see an old poster from the hoka.  it's from oj ekemode and the nigerian all stars--a great band.  and p.s. if anyone has any info on them i would love to hear it.  they have vanished off the face of the earth.  the poster says "if you can walk, you can dance; if you can talk, you can sing."  tru dat.  also on the wall?  a welcome, y'all sign.  and the best part?  "y'all" is spelled right!  amazing how many people misspell it.  it's a contraction for "you all", yo.  get it right.  (and while we are talking grammar and stuff, "i" is not in the objective case."  just because newspapers and editors and authors seem to have forgotten grammar, doesn't mean you have to forget to.  were you raised by wolves?


my inspiration wall--me and my bro, my family, me and a couple of cousins, all sorts of quotes and pretty stuff!
 
 a chair to sit in when i want to sit in a chair on that side of the room.
also my tool chest and a bunch of craft books.  and you probably can't see this, but there are a few of my myriad collections in the shelves--a bowl of rocks and sticks, a bunch of pretty beads, a few bones, some binder clips, and hidden behind it all are a ton of little notebooks.  i can't seem to get enough little notebooks!  i'm obsessed.

down below--the tv play space.  room to play wi, to do yoga, and to do the aforementioned insanity workout.  and also to watch a gazillion episodes of that 70s show!  (for those of you who have been living in a cave, here's a link.



and now it's time to get to work!!!! festivals and yarn club and shop updates, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment